I enjoy helping people succeed in their professional lives. One way I do this is through talks and training programs for organizations, universities, and government agencies around the world. These programs are, I like to think, engaging and interactive sessions. I deliver sessions that last from 30-45 minute to one week. Common topics include:
- Advocacy: How To Champion Your Ideas
- Bolstering Your Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Effective Communication Skills
- Leading Transitions (Change)
- Creating and Leading Engaged Teams
- Leading and Motivating Others
- Enhancing Customer Loyalty
- Leading and Managing Dispersed Teams
Recently, I've delivered brief sessions for companies like Boeing, Spredfast, Hines Securities, Texas Hospital Association, and Latham & Watkins on topics such as Bolstering Your Interpersonal Effectiveness and Advocacy and Influencing Skills. I have conducted half-day programs on influencing, communication, and leadership skills for Applied Materials, the Sports Management Institute at USC, and SpareBank, a Norwegian financial institution, entire day programs for Amazon on influencing skills, Baylor, Scott & White on leadership skills in health care, and USAA on leading dispersed teams, and a four-day learning event on influencing skills for Shell.
Some of my sessions are organized by the Executive Education program office in the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas. In addition to custom programs that Executive Education develops for individual organizations , I also teach in a number of open enrollment courses offered by Executive Education.
- Advocacy, Influence, & Power
- Building Engagement: What Leaders Do to Manage Talent and Build Allegiance
- Leading and Motivating Dispersed Teams
- Leading Change and Driving Innovative Thinking
- Leading High Performance Teams
I also work with the Institute for Management Studies conducting programs on Championing Yourself and Your Ideas.